This policy applies only to information we collect: (i) on the Site or in connection with the Services; (ii) in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Site or in connection with the Services; and (iii) through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Site or the Services.
It does not apply to information collected by: (i) us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Rockpapr or any third party; or (ii) any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site or the Services.
2. COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect the following categories of Personal Data about you when you use or other wise interact with our Site or the Services:
- Shipping/billing address
- Username and password
- Email address
- Financial information
- Home/work/mobile telephone number
- Postal or other physical address
- IP addresses and other information collective passively
- Device identifiers
- Personal and occupational information
We may also collect the following additional types of information from you:
- Messages, emails, and in-site call audio
- Product and service preferences
- Time Zone
- Information about internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site or the Services and usage details.
How we collect this information:
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us. For example, when you register or open an account, sign in, pay a bill, purchase a Service, call us for support, or give us feedback. We also collect content or other information that you may provide or create when you interact with our Services.
From third parties, such as our business partners. For example, when you sync a third party account or service with the Services, or if we use service providers to supplement the Personal Data you give us (e.g., validate your mailing address) to help us maintain the accuracy of your data and provide you with better service.
Automatically as you navigate through the Site or when you access the Services ("Usage Data"). Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, log files, unique device identifiers, pages viewed, browser type, any links you click on to leave or interact with the Services, and other usage information collected from cookies and other tracking technologies.
The Services may change over time and we may introduce new features that may collect new or different types of information.
3. USE AND PROCESSING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity (i.e. processing that is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, such as your user agreement with us that allows us to provide you with our services) and our“legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others (e.g. our users) such as:
· Account Registration. We may use your name, address, phone number, and email address to register your account for the Services we provide and to communicate important information to you. We may obtain additional Personal Data about you, such as address change information, from commercially available sources, to keep our records current. If you set up an administrator account that may be accessed by people other than you, please note that they may see and have the ability to change or delete your Personal Data.
· Communicate with You and Tell You About Other Services. We may use your information to communicate with you about the Services. Please see below under "What You Can Do to Manage Your Privacy" for the choices you have regarding these communications.
· To Improve Services and Develop New Services. We may use your information to personalize or customize your experience and the Services, develop new features or services, and to improve the overall quality of the Services.
· To Provide Our Services and Operate Our Business. We may use your information to operate our business, including providing the Services you requested, provide you with support related to the Services, and to help us protect the Services, including to combat fraud and protect your information.
· Customer Service and Technical Support. We may use your name, address, phone number, email address, how you interact with the Services, and information about your computer configuration to resolve questions you may have about the Services and to follow up with you about your experience. We also offer various internet chat services, for example, to speak with support representative. Internet chat transmissions are encrypted but you should not supply more Personal Data, than is required to address your specific issue. A transcript of the session is retained to resolve questions or issues related to the Services.
· Feedback. We may use any information you volunteer in surveys you answer for us and combine them with answers from other customers in order to better understand the Services and how we may improve them. Answering any survey is optional.
· Research, Including Publishing or Sharing Combined Information from Many Users, But Only in a Way that Would Not Allow You or Any Other Person to be Identified. Only in a way that would not allow you or any other person to be identified, we may prepare and share information about our customers with third parties, such as advertisers or partners, for research, academic, marketing and/or promotional purposes. For example, we may share demographic data that describes the percentage of our customers who use mobile services or who use a particular operating system. We or our third party partners may publicly report the aggregated findings of the research or analysis, but only in a way that would not allow you or any other person to be identified.
4. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties without notice to you under certain circumstances including:
• Third Party Service Providers. We may share your information, including Personal Data and Usage Data, with third party service providers who perform various functions to enable us to provide our Services and help us operate our business, such as website design, sending email communications, fraud detection and prevention, customer care, or performing analytics. Our contracts with these third parties require them to maintain the confidentiality of the Personal Data we provide to them, only act on our behalf and under our instructions, and not use Personal Data for purposes other than the product or service they're providing to us or on our behalf.
• Response to Subpoenas and Other Legal Requests. We may share your information with courts, law enforcement agencies, or other government bodies when we have a good faith belief we're required or permitted to do so by law, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, to protect our company, or to respond to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other law enforcement request.
• Business Transfers. We may share your information with business partners when we buy or sell businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, asset sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the assets that are transferred.
• Other Purposes. We may also disclose your information (i) to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it (ii) for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, or (iii) with your consent.
5. CONNECTING YOUR INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTY SERVICES WITH THE SERVICES
You may choose to sync certain of the Services with information from third party accounts. To sync your third party account information, including any financial information, we must access your online account with your third party service provider. We will direct you to your third party service provider, who may then, require you to authenticate into your account and agree to send your information to Rockpapr. In order to authenticate your account, you may be asked to provide your username, password, or other login information that you have set up with your third party service provider to enable access. We use this information to upload, update and maintain the account information you download, to assist with the download process, and to enhance the Services we may provide in the future.
6. AGGREGATED DATA
We may analyze your information, including your Personal Data, in aggregate form, which does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, advertisers, service provider and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
7. SUPPLEMENTED DATA
Supplemental data may be received about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, in which case we may combine this data with information we already have about you so that we can update, expand and analyze the accuracy of our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us Personal Data about others, or if others give us your Personal Data, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
8. AUTOMATIC COLLECTION
We automatically collect some information about you when you use our Site or the Services, using methods such as cookies and tracking technologies (further described below). Information automatically collected includes IP address, Internet service provider, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, sections of the Site or the Services visited, number of links you click while on the Site or theServices, search terms, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, Site traffic and related statistics, keywords and/or other data.
9. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
The below explains the cookies that Rockpapr and our third party partners use and why:
Preferences and Settings. These cookies are used to record a user’s choice and settings that enable the Site and the Services to operate correctly or that maintain your preferences over time and may be stored on your device. For example, Rockpapr saves preferences, such as language, browser and multimedia player settings, which enables the browser to remember these setting each time you return to the site. Note: If you opt out of interest-based advertising, we store your opt-out preference in a cookie on your device.
Sign-in and Authentication. When you sign into the Site of the Services using your Rockpapr account, we store a unique ID number, and the time you signed in, in an encrypted cookie on your device. This cookie allows you to move from page to page within the website without having to sign in again on each page. You can also save your sign-in information, so you do not have to sign in each time you return to the site.
Performance. Rockpapr uses performance cookies for load balancing to ensure that the Site and the Services remain up and operating.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. For example, in most modern browsers, you can block or delete cookies by clicking Settings > Privacy > Cookies. Instructions for blocking or deleting cookies in other browsers may be available in each browser's privacy or help documentation. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Certain features of Rockpapr’s products and services depend on cookies. Please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use those features, and preferences that are dependent on cookies may be lost. If you choose to delete cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those cookies, including advertising preferences, will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
10. ‘DO NOT TRACK’ NOTIFICATIONS
Some browsers allow you to automatically notify websites you visit not to track you using a “Do Not Track” signal. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
11. PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THIRD PARTIES
We take precautions to safeguard your information against unauthorized access or disclosure including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site or the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Access to Your Information. We are committed to using your information only to the extent necessary to enable you to access the Site and use the Services. Your Personal Data can only be accessed by Rockpapr personnel who have a need to access your Personal Data in order to enable you to access the Site or the Services. Specifically, your Personal Data can only be accessed by the Rockpapr database administrator administering your account or the customer success manager assigned to your account. In certain limited circumstances, your Personal Data may be accessed by technical support or other similar professionals in order to assist you with support or other technical service needs. In such circumstance, Rockpapr support personal will only access your Personal Data after requesting your consent.
13. DATA RETENTION
We retain your information, including your Personal Data only for as long as necessary to provide the products and services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
• mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
• for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
• needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, please, contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
14. DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Visitors to the Site or users of the Services from outside of the United States may have certain rights with respect to Personal Data as set forth below. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your requests, or we may ask you to provide us with additional information in connection with your request. For example, if we need to verify your identity, your account or the nature of your request. In such situations, however, we will still respond to let you know of our decision. To make any of the following requests, contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
• Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you. You can also request a copy of the Personal Data.
• Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. Please contact us as soon as possible upon noticing any such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
• Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the collection or use of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
• Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
• Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
• Portability: You may have the right to ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You may also request that we transmit the data to another entity where technically feasible.
• Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Databased on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your PersonalData, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our products and services.
• Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about our practices with respect to your Personal Data with a supervisory authority.
15. WHAT YOU CAN DO TO MANAGE YOUR PRIVACY
Managing Marketing Communications From Us. We offer you control over your privacy preferences regarding email. You may update these preferences at any time on your account profile page. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional e-mails of certain types at any time by following the “Opt-Out” or “unsubscribe” instructions contained within the promotional material .
Updating Your Personal Data. You can review and change your PersonalData by logging into the Site or the Services and visiting in your account profile or by contacting email@example.com.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.If you wish to port your Personal Data, please contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
If you make a request to delete or port your Personal Data and that data is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, the request will be honored only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any products or services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual requirements.
The Site and the Services are available only for those over the age of 18. The Site and the Services are not targeted to or intended for use by children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or use any information from individuals under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, do not use or provide any information on the Site or the Services or on or through any of its features, register on the Site or the Services, make any purchases through the Site or theServices, use any of the interactive features of the Site or the Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including any Personal Data. If we learn that we collected Personal Data from an individual under the age of18, we will take steps to delete that information as soon as possible. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with any information, please contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
18. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
19. IMPORTANT NOTICES TO NON-U.S. RESIDENTS
This Site is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Site or the Services or providing any Personal Data, you consent to the transfer and storage of your Personal Data, whether provided by you or obtained through a third party, to the United States set forth herein, including the hosting of such Personal Data on U.S. servers.
We may transfer your information, including yourPersonal Data to third parties acting on our behalf for the purposes of processing or storage. In most cases, our third party service providers, including our hosting providers, participate in and have certified their compliance with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List at www.privacyshield.gov/list.
Where we use certain service providers, we will transfer Personal Data in accordance with the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, a copy of which can be obtained at: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32010D0087.
20. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please contact us using the contact details referred to in the “Contact Us” section of this policy.
21. CONTACT US
205 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10013